Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What is Distracting You From Your Work?

Amplify’d from bgallen.com

“Texting While Working” is a great blog post by Seth Godin.  Now we all know that texting while driving is a recipe for disaster.  So many lives have been lost because of this distracting habit. Seth goes on to ask – are you “texting while working?”

In other words, are you allowing your attachment to social media to distract you from your core work?  Do you interrupt your work to check your Facebook, LinkedIn, blog, and etc. instead of staying on track with what you are supposed to deliver?

Seth has a relentless focus on delivering and is often talking about the many little ways in which we keep ourselves from delivering on the important work that is before us.  So what is keeping you from delivering?

For me, it is the desire to learn.  I love to find new information and to research my work.  But after a time, that research or learning becomes an impediment to the work I am supposed to deliver. The Internet and the access it provides to an almost endless supply of information just makes it that much worse for me.  So, now I am disconnecting my Internet for blocks of time so that I can work on what I am to deliver.

So what is keeping you from delivering on your primary work and what are you doing about it?
“Whatever you do, work heartily as for the Lord . . .”  Colossians 3:23
Blessings on your day as you deliver on some very important work.

BG

Read more at bgallen.com
 

No comments: